To improve natural resource governance in forest areas through the implementation of the …
(Forest Governance Improvement Programme)
To improve natural resource governance in forest areas through the implementation of the Voluntary Partnership Agreements (VPA) of the Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT).
To render exported timber legal in keeping with the VPA-FLEGT approach
and contribute to the integration of the domestic timber market into the
formal economy and supply the market with timber from a legal origin.
The project is implemented through indirect management with the German cooperation (Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau – kfW), among others
PAMFOR has benefited from an EDF contribution of 10 million euros (approximately CFA 656 000 000 francs)
- The operational activities of PAMFOR include the following:
- Training the decentralised and delocalised administrations and operators on the use of the SIGIF 2 interface after the deployment phase.
- Monitoring the revision of VPA annexes by CCS (particularly, with a view to updating the grids and verifiers and defining a specific grid for PEBO) and implementing other decisions taken by the CCS.
- Renewing the equipment necessary for the proper functioning of the system.
- Conducting a joint technical evaluation of the SVL (prior to the start of the FLEGT licensing scheme, and periodic conduct of independent audits, in accordance with Article 11 of the VPA, (subject to the entry into force of the FLEGT licensing scheme).
- Overseeing forest law enforcement, the monitoring system and the promotion of forest transparency.
- Strengthening the capacity of national and regional control brigades.
- Providing support to MINFOF to run the public interface of the VPA FLEGT internet portal.
- Providing technical and organizational support for the wood inter-branch organization and strengthening the capacity of the actors representing its four constituent colleges.
- Providing support for the renewing of timber exploitation permits
- Providing support for the development of a public timber purchasing policy.
- Providing support for the legal and organizational consolidation of the internal wood market through drafting of texts and establishment of procedures on the basis of the results of the pilot tests
- Promoting various woods.
- Carrying out reforestation in communal forests located in the North and Far North regions.
- Reforestation of degraded areas in communal forests located in ecological transition zones.
- Supporting pilot councils in the management of plantations and the supply of legal wood to the domestic market.
€44.00 or more